Ellen Dunnigan is in her third year as a NAWBO-Indianapolis board member and currently serves as Secretary. Ellen founded Accent On Business in 2001 specializing in public speaking, communication skills, and executive presence for leaders in business. She has 25 years of experience with professional and nonprofessional speakers in healthcare, media, politics, engineering, sports, and other industries.
Ellen’s coaching in speaking skills gives established and emerging leaders greater confidence and credibility. Her leadership programs in accountability, alignment, difficult conversations, and organizational communication have helped leaders expand their influence. Ellen is known for her practical “how to” style.
Accent On Business is a business communication advisory firm specializing in the development of executive presence, public speaking and presentation skills.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- National Association of Women Business Owners, Indianapolis Chapter Member, 2003-present
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Greater Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce
- Carmel Chamber of Commerce
- Central Indiana Senior Alliance (CISA)
Honors and Awards
- MA, Voice Pathology, Ball State University
- BS, Speech and Hearing Science, Education, Bowling Green State University
- Indiana and Ohio Licenses, Speech Pathology
- Certificate of Clinical Competence, American Speech Language Hearing Association
- Commissioned by Governor Mitch Daniels for the Indiana Alzheimer’s Disease Plan
- Public Speaking Instructor for the Lugar Leadership Series (2014 – Present)
- Public Speaking Instructor for the Purdue Entrepreneurship Academy (2012 – Present)