The goal of NAWBO-Indianapolis is to motivate, inspire, and inform its members and to assist them in introducing their products and services to the public and private business sector. Members realize the benefits of networking with local and national members, educational opportunities, public policy representation and local, national, and international affiliations.
After joining NAWBO, your name and business information will be posted not only on the Indianapolis website, but on the national NAWBO website for people to search for various products and services. The benefits are endless!
NAWBO'S Definition of a Business Owner
A business owner must be a sole proprietor, commissioned agent, broker, independent contractor, shareholder in a corporation or consultant that:
- is established as either a sole proprietor or self-employed, or is a partner in a partnership, LLC or is an officer of a 'C' corporation or 'S' corporation AND
- files a schedule C or F, received IRS Tax Form 1099 from clients or files corporate or partnership tax returns.
- In addition, the business owner must maintain an office (including home offices) or a business facility and must be involved in the policy-making process and overall day-to-day management of the business.
If the statements above do not apply, then consider membership under the "Supporting Member" category.
Items of Note
- The Board of the National Association of Women Business Owners establishes member classes.
- Members must join both the national organization and a local chapter. If there is a chapter within 45 miles of your home or business location, you must become a member of that chapter. If there is not a chapter in your area, you can join NAWBO as an At-Large member.
A NAWBO membership is recorded in the name of the individual, not the organization.
There is currently no category available for company/organizations. If you are interested in benefits that will apply to all associates in your company, please consider becoming a corporate partner.
- A new member's join date is the first day of the month NAWBO National receives payment.
- Membership dues are nonrefundable and subject to change. A member may submit a written resignation to rescind her membership, but no portion of dues will be refunded.
- Members must subscribe to the mission and vision of NAWBO.
Click here to complete the Membership Application
and return it to the Indianapolis chapter via:
Attn: Member Services
310 N. Alabama Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
NOTE: If paying by check, make checks payable to NAWBO (not NAWBO-Indianapolis). Checks made payable to NAWBO-Indianapolis will be returned to the applicant and your application process will be delayed. Memberships paid by check take a minimum of two weeks to process.
Download Benefits Packet! »